Reasons for a New Roof
* Repairing storm damage: Storms can damage roofing in several ways. High winds sometimes blow roof shingles off the roof, creating obvious empty areas that need to be re-roofed. Indirect damage is also common: Wind causes tree branches or entire trees to come down on the roof, often damaging the roof structure as well as roof shingles. Rather than make spot repairs following storm damage, it's often smarter to replace the roof.
* Increasing home value: Even if your asphalt shingle roof isn't worn or damaged, it can make sense to replace your roofing to increase curb appeal and real estate value. Some homeowners decide to install new roofing as part of their preparation for selling a house. When combined with new exterior siding or an exterior paint job, new roofing can really make an older home look brand new. Apart from its aesthetic impact, a new roof offers a great deal of financial security to a prospective home buyer. The new owner won't have to worry about roof replacement or common roofing problems for a long time.
* Replacing a worn roof: Asphalt roof shingles typically last anywhere from 15 to 25 years. Unfortunately, factors such as storm damage, low slope, ice damage, and mold or moss growth can significantly shorten the life of an asphalt roof. If your roof has any of the characteristics described, it's a good idea to replace the roof. Otherwise, you risk even more severe problems like rotted roof framing and leaks that can damage the house and its contents.
* Completing a major remodel: Are you planning to build an addition? How about adding some dormers or skylights? These major remodeling projects involve changes to your roofline and the installation of new roofing. Rather than have an unattractive mix of new and old roofing, many homeowners elect to have a total re-roof done as part of the project.
Types Of Roofing
* Low maintenance- When installed properly, asphalt shingles require little maintenance & can be easily repaired if damaged.
* Affordability- The low material cost & long life expectancy of asphalt shingles provide unmatched value.
* Versatility- Asphalt shingles are available in an array of styles and colors to match any home.
* Durable Protection- Most asphalt fiberglass shingles have a Class A fire rating and excellent wind resistance.
* Durable and long lasting
* Low maintenance requirements
* Available in different colors and styles
* Can sometimes be installed over existing asphalt shingle roofing
* Good green value because of recycled content and ease of recycling
EDMP Roofing - Rubber Roofing
* Enhanced thread density and high tensile strength provides superior puncture resistance and withstands the harshest climates
* 100% of mechanically attached PVC roofing material can often be recycled, drastically reducing waste
Ridge Vent & Roof Ventilation
Ridge vents are installed along the roofs peak. They allow all of the hot air accumulated in the attic to escape. The Soffit Vents thing bring the fresh air back into the attic. This can help lower your heating and Cooling Costs and also help your shingles last longer.